It has been sometime since I’ve written about our progress with AtCore and now that I find myself with a bit of down time Its time to give you all an update. Since the end of May we have landed 32 commits from 4 contributors. I would like to first thank our newest contributor Leandro Santiago for taking time to contribute to AtCore.
Our changes include:
- C++ modernization to use more C++11 standards
- Making sure that all AtCore strings are translatable.
- Fixing our method to find plugins (a few times..)
- Adding a new emit to forward lower level messages.
- GRBL translate for some basic CNC use with this plugin
- Not checking for new devices if AtCore is connected
- Improve the PlotWidget:
- Doesn’t have a memory leak
- Let the client add and remove plots on the fly
- Improve the LogWidget:
- Reduce disk I/O
- Add info pane with basic info about the log.
- Much better regex for temperature reading.
- Clean ups for safer all around use.
- Support for most Sd card operations and a new Sd card widget.
For Atelier we have 44 commits and 3 contributors for this time and changes include:
- Adding the newer AtCore widgets and features.
- Adding a welcome panel with news and help.
- Mac os and Windows packaging improvements
- Using profile data to setup gui.
- Ask to overwrite files
- Inform of unsaved changes before printing.
- Various other small improvements
You can find our more about Atelier by reading Lays’ Post about Akademy 2018